[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Attention TD's: More Variety Please

Posted By: phil simborg
Date: Tuesday, 22 July 2014, at 1:22 p.m.

The majority of people who attend backgammon tournaments are people who go to several tournaments a year. They go because they love the game. Some of us prefer Swiss movements (like me), and some prefer double-elimination etc. etc. But we all love the basic game and competition. So I don't recommend changing that.

But more variety in side events would really be fun and interesting and I believe increase attendance...simply because it would be more fun to go.

I don't have to list all the different side events that could be offered, but I again must mention how much I loved, and miss, backgammon-to-lose.

But what about some side events that will attract and interest not only the tournament players, but also their spouses and kids? There is no reason why there can't be a scrabble tournament in the next room. Wouldn't it be fun to have a speed chess, Othello, Checkers or event Yhatze, Jenga, or other short events that would be fun on Sunday after most of us have been knocked out of the main event? And families and guests of the tournament players would all be welcome to participate?

How about a Hyper-gammon competition for the kids? Let's get creative and find ways to give people more reasons to come and bring their friends and families.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.