[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Bear in position vs. 3 anchor

Posted By: HOMINID
Date: Tuesday, 23 September 2014, at 2:54 p.m.

In Response To: Bear in position vs. 3 anchor (John O'Hagan)

Once one has made a decision not to play the hit for obvious reasons it's just a simple roll count.6/4 6/1 leaves 2 blots. 6/1 4/2 leaves 6 blots. I don't fancy 7/2 7/5 as I have a nervous disposition lol. When playing online taking time on a move is frowned upon. I may have played 6/1 4/2. Perhaps observing the rule of thumb keep your soldiers in front of the enemy may have produced the correct play. One obviously has the time on occasions to give some deep thought to a position whilst playing live.

If you have not watched it catch the Capital Classic final Fogerlund / Deutsch. Fogerlund puffing, sighing, blowing and roll counting out loud. Getting irritated with Deutsch’s illegal plays and his own unfortunate position. Hold onto your seat when Deutsch puts his own man on the bar, “ NIEL YOUVE PUT YOUR OWN MAN ON THE BAR !!!!”. My seat rocked back with my stomach going up and down. Watch Fogerlund go for the gammon or was it a backgammon he was after. Theres a lot of pressure at the top.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.