[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

make it as simple as possible but not simpler

Posted By: eXtreme Gammon
Date: Friday, 14 November 2014, at 4:27 a.m.

In Response To: make it as simple as possible but not simpler (rambiz)

rambiz I don't see how nactation can ever be a better alternative to the good old straight forward notation method. It achieves very little for all the confusion it causes. No thank You. I don't bother.

Personally , i completely agree. Nactation is good for 1st move and reply, pass that it become such a nightmare that is unusable. if i have to spend 2 minutes to figure the Nactation of a move so it saves me 6 keystrokes, what's the point? expect a smaller file, but my 1TB disk will not be hurt much for the extra bytes!

Professionally, I know a small portion love it. But I will not spend any time to work on integrated Nactation to XG. however if someone want to to do the work, i am opened to create an interface to it (for instance a DLL where i can pass the position, dice and move and it returns the correct nataction character)

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.