[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Cleveland ABT Official Invitation--about clocks and baffle boxes

Posted By: roadkillbooks
Date: Tuesday, 23 February 2016, at 4:58 a.m.

In Response To: Cleveland ABT Official Invitation--about clocks and baffle boxes (phil simborg)

Great point Phil, "..when there is no clock I feel bad if I take a long time on a move,"

I will also request to play with a clock. If my opponent does not play with a clock, I literally have to find mechanisms to slow down. I do not want my live play to be like online play. I will consciously try to play SLIGHTLY slower without a clock to insure that I am taking my time.

That is exactly what I like about a clock MY time is MY time. Without a clock it seems like a player that takes a while is wasting YOUR time (or you are wasting THEIR time).

Plus the plunger mechanism for one set of dice is great. I beleive it is clearly superior to both multiple pairs of dice.. and "tapping" at the end of a play. I have seen minor disputes over if someone actually "tapped" or not. That doesn't happen with a clock.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.