[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

New PC

Posted By: Jake Jacobs
Date: Saturday, 5 March 2016, at 4:08 a.m.

Bought a new laptop and after setting it up yesterday I bought a copy of XG. Running on the most stringent settings I did an opening 21 slot versus split rollout for two minutes on my old, reliable Alien, and on the new ThinkPad.

The Alien had just finished the 32nd rollout of the slot (with the split trailing) at the two minute mark. I am not sure how that stacks up to most systems today, but in 2009 it was fast.

The ThinkPad was at 220, or seven times faster than the Alien. I assume that is good for a laptop?

Thing is, it isn't really a test for the new system. Xavier has said that memory isn't important to XG, but both systems were purchased for their memory. I don't have Stata loaded on the new system yet, but for it, memory is hugely important. The Alien has 8 GB, which was awesome in 2009. The ThinkPad has 64 GB, and it is the fastest memory (2133 MHz) available.

So an XG rollout on these systems is sort of like asking Usain Bolt how his time is in the marathon.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.