[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

BMAB-USA #6

Posted By: Stick
Date: Tuesday, 25 April 2017, at 5:00 a.m.

In Response To: BMAB-USA #6 (Dmitriy Obukhov)

I dislike that this event starts so early. I know, you can't please everyone and you're likely trying to finish up in time so that those who wish can play in the Summer Warm-Up but I'd much prefer starting at like one o'clock and going from there. I also mean starting at one, not having one as the start time and having difficulties getting shit set up and starting and starting at 2:05. Not a comment geared at any person or tournament in particular, but this is often a problem for high dollar/high recording necessary events. It's frustrating as all shit to stand around with my finger up my ass when I had to get up early to do so. I could be sleeping.

It states: Matches will be analyzed using the current version of eXtremeGammon (XG) using the following settings: Standard World Class Analysis but with “Gigantic” search interval, 15 x 8 bear-off database, and resignation errors counting.

Gigantic search intervals are a huge waste of time, electricity, and cpu burn out. The only time they're really needed is in very complicated/backgames where way too many options exist for generally smaller rolls. I would prefer XGR+ or even ++ across the board for the analysis level. (higher analysis is typically worse for me personally)

It is not stated if the Opening Book will be used.

And two weeks to get a bunch of 7pt matches input and analyzed? Man, I thought I was lazy! Give them to me and get it over with.

I still think there should be X number of decisions that a player can deem be rolled out X trials instead of trusting XG's surface analysis. This may be difficult to implement but I hate being forced to take a cube where I know XG screws the pooch on its World Class analysis.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.