[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

BMAB-USA #6

Posted By: Dmitriy Obukhov
Date: Tuesday, 25 April 2017, at 8:11 p.m.

In Response To: BMAB-USA #6 (Stick)

Almost al players who played last year in yhe BMAB-USA tournament also participated in the Warm Up tourney. So, this is simply a matter of importance. Playing early is not ideal but better than missing one of the two tourneys that day.

It's frustrating as all shit to stand around with my finger up my ass when I had to get up early to do so.

Despite having to set up a lot of equipment I intentd to start this tournament on time. After all, I don't want the players be forced to shake hands with you after a late start.

Analysis settings in the flyer are BMAB settings. BMAB is responsible for official gratings. So, it makes sense to be consistent. Opening book will be used.

And two weeks to get a bunch of 7pt matches input and analyzed? Man, I thought I was lazy! Give them to me and get it over with.

Each player is responsible for transcribing 2 matches. They can roll it themselves or hire someone to do it. Alternatively they can pay me 20 dollars for 2 matches and make me deal with it. Two weeks period includes BMAB grading. Players will be required to submit transcripts by following Sunday--9 days after BMAB-USA. Too slow? Maybe it is, but the players will play the whole weekend, celebrate holly days, go to work, take kids to baseball practice Yada Yada yada. Of course, it is possible to handle all transcription work ourselves, but this is too much work and I expect to be too busy anyway.

I still think there should be X number of decisions that a player can deem be rolled out X trials instead of trusting XG's surface analysis. This may be difficult to implement but I hate being forced to take a cube where I know XG screws the pooch on its World Class analysis.

BMAB settings were voted for and agreed by a pannel of international players. If you feel strongly about what you have said you can submit a proposal to BMAB and they will decide. My opinion is that this is a bad idea because:

1. Not everyone has XG -- should your grading depend on wether you own XG?

2. Not everyone has time, desire, or computer power to fully benefit -- Is it fair that these factors affect your grading?

3. Changing evaluation when it fits you and not touching it when it doesn't is MOAB -- Mother Off All Biases that is.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.