[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

BMAB-USA #6

Posted By: Dmitriy Obukhov
Date: Wednesday, 26 April 2017, at 1:17 a.m.

In Response To: BMAB-USA #6 (Bob Koca)

I am not sure at what point a player decides which play to roll out. During the match? Or after the match?

Let's say during the match. I am not even going to argue that "I want to roll out this cube" comment may help or distract his opponent. Let's imagine two players that play identically but only one of them owns XG. It seems to me he will have some advantage. Why wouldn't he? After all, he has knowledge that the bot can screw up this or that play. Because they play identically I don't believe their PRs should be different regardless what one knows about XG. You think otherwise?

Let's say after the match (at home). This is also what I thought Stick was suggesting. Well, a player who doesn't have XG will have to just accept whatever his PR is. On another hand, a player who has XG can roll out gazillion plays and then pick X number of plays he wants to "roll out", then try a bunch of different seeds to see which one benefits him the most, etc.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.