[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Multiple issues here

Posted By: Chuck Bower
Date: Monday, 4 May 2009, at 10:25 p.m.

In Response To: Surprise Resignation (neilkaz)

1) The rules state that a resignation is unlawful in a contact position.

1a) Bill's situation occurred in a contact position. Therefore what occurred was contrary to the rules.

2) Richard upped the ante by referring to 'gin' (100% outcome) positions.

2a) You guys took up this topic -- concession in non-contact races / gammon races when the person could still win / get off gammon. It seems that in these particular instances you are within the rules to accept a resignation in a non-gin position as long as it is a non-contact position.

It all comes down to rules and what rules mean. Is a player (or even two opposing players in collaboration) allowed to ignore the rules? I think here the answer is pretty clear (if you ask any director) -- no.

Is the current rule acceptable? Bill appears to feel the rule is too strong and Rich feels the rule is too weak. (I understand and agree with Rich's contention that when other peoples' money is at stake there players should not be tossing equity by conceding, but the rules currently allow that so it is perfectly acceptable, IMO.) But I don't see any ambiguity in the way the current rule is written or stated. If it's a bad rule it should be changed, but not ignored.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.