[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Luck vs Skill Summery of. the Robertie statement.

Posted By: Henrik Bukkjaer
Date: Monday, 11 June 2012, at 1:25 p.m.

In Response To: Luck vs Skill Summery of. the Robertie statement. (Daniel Murphy)

>> Lotteries 0.0000001

Is that a rounding error?

Or simply the fact that a good lotterist know to buy as few tickets as possible, since he will loose a set amount on each purchase?

--------

Regarding the article, complexity is simply the wrong word for a good measurement. It should be skill levels I suppose. The measurement clearly indicates how many skill levels a certain game can span, without any measure for how difficult it is to move up the ladder, ie. how complex the game is to master.

For backgammon and poker alike, I suppose it takes a lot of effort to move up the last steps of the ladder, but the return is diminishing. That's why we always state that we need xxx games or xxxxx hands to judge someones relative strength, when looking at good players. The higher the number of games needed to asses someone due to variance, the lower the Robertie complexity number in the game I suppose...

For comparison reasons, the time-factor is important and must be remembered.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.