[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Luck vs Skill Summery of. the Robertie statement.

Posted By: Henrik Bukkjaer
Date: Monday, 11 June 2012, at 7:57 p.m.

In Response To: Luck vs Skill Summery of. the Robertie statement. (eXtreme Gammon)

OK I see, I misunderstood "lotteries" then :-)

You're allowed to pick your own numbers - I get it.

The Danish lotteries has unique tickets that you purchase, some presplit in sub-tickets with equally smaller price tags, then they draw the winning ticket numbers. No way of improving your chances there.

The similar game to what I now understand as "lotteries" would be "Lotto" in Denmark. But still your margin of improvement is very limited, since numbers on the vast majority of the coupons are computer generated random numbers, thus less skewed towards "dates".

But you can improve a bit though, if you play more or less tickets from week to week. The reason is that not won 1st prices in a week, carries over to the next week (each week has a guaranteed minimum, with prices otherwise being a set percentage of played money). Now several weeks in a row without a first price winner, and the "added" amount will become so large that it affects payback percentages somewhat. So by playing few tickets in initial weeks, and many tickets when added money starts growing, you would get a better return.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.