[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Nactation questions

Posted By: Nack Ballard
Date: Monday, 28 November 2011, at 5:43 p.m.

In Response To: Nactation questions (Matt Ryder)

Welcome back, Matt!

Your language analogy is excellent, including the details of it. Nactation has been called a science, an art, a craft, and a language (and I wonder what else less complimentary); I suppose it has elements of all.

Thanks, too, for the encouragement. I'll redouble my efforts to finish the updated tutorial (though I make no promises on date of publication).

It is now possible to write a program (both trad-to-Nactation and Nactation-to-trad) using just the area-oriented letters: UVRSZB EACON DJIGYMQ and the underlined versions of the latter 12. The underlying definitions need no further refinements. I'm still researching details of the style letters (P HKX FLTW, non-doublet Q) and symbols -- those can be added later (or not).

If you are interested, I'll make sure you know all you need to know to jump in. The objective would be to feed a computer a game in trad and have it translate to Nactation and vice versa; that much is already doable for sure and it would be fun to see what it looks like. Would you and/or Mike like to go for it?

Nack

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.