[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

The Rule - Those beavered never re-evaluate and drop

Posted By: Rod
Date: Tuesday, 25 June 2013, at 10:54 p.m.

In Response To: Beaver calculus (Dmitriy Obukhov)

No one drops after they get beavered in money play. It just doesn't happen - ever. The person who cubes when it's a beaver (or even close) isn't the same person who re-evaluates their cube and decides to then drop it.

This weekend an opponent recubed me. Prior to the cube he was +0.013. After the cube he was -0.686. (I had 4 on the bar which made it look bad for me, but that was balanced by me having the 4 point anchor, him only having his ace and 3 points and 6 checkers in my home). Anyhow, I beavered to 8. There wasn't any hesitation, not a drop. There never is. Not the slightest blink.

And, of course, I got gammoned. My very first roll was.... you guessed.... 1-3. It went downhill from there. I managed to get just 2 more checkers off the bar before he started bearing off.

The other thing about games where people give beavers.... The craziest stories often result.... They just don't sound as crazy without the beaver element.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.