[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Never Beaver (Hardly ever)

Posted By: Colin Owen
Date: Friday, 28 June 2013, at 2:48 p.m.

In Response To: Never Beaver (Hardly ever) (Phil Simborg)

Of course, if the doubling player made a really massive oversight (schizoid embolism?) then his opponent could be too good to beaver!

As a team member, I once gave a double, not seeing (or remembering) my chequer still back on his ace point, behind a four prime. This was because of my solid wooden baffle box, placed right up to the edge of the board, obstructing my off-centre view! I think I should maybe have passed the beaver that followed; certainly, I was scrambling to save the gammon. He couldn't have been too good though.

Ironically, the box that day was the only player I know who has himself passed a beaver - or at least admitted to once doing it! And that didn't have anything to do with a baffle box. Phil's new clear baffle box means it's much more difficult to replicate my feat - especially on my latest (Bgshop) board, that has a ledge for the dice to roll onto before dropping onto the board, meaning you can set the baffle box well back.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.