[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

BGO vs. RBG

Posted By: ah_clem
Date: Monday, 15 July 2013, at 2:27 p.m.

In Response To: BGO vs. RBG (Bob Koca)

Last time I looked the data there was hardly anything worth saving. Has it gotten better in the last couple years?

I'd say 90% of the material is discussion of backgammon positions. (disclosure: I have about half a dozen people kill-filed, so you may see more noise than I do). Whether you'd find these positions interesting is another matter - the level is more intermediate than what you find here so a giant may not find much of interest.

One problem I find with positions posted here is that the right answer is often an exception to an exception to the common rule of thumb and sometimes I walk away even more confused than before.

A couple of years ago rgb was overrun by a small number of trolls, but that problem has abated (or my kill-files are working) and it's mostly discussion of backgammon positions with occasional side discussions about topology or number theory. Fortunately, I don't have to choose one or the other, I can participate in both bgonline and rgb.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.