[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Help! Why race when behind?

Posted By: Matt Cohn-Geier
Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2013, at 2:35 a.m.

In Response To: Help! Why race when behind? (Stick)

Disagree since as I said in my original post you should usually be running in the upcoming turns. You may scoot up a little to see daylight and hop out. The opponent won't attack you loosely because he's already up enough in the race to not merit taking the risk. Your cubes are still a lot more likely to come from catching up in the race.

Assuming you roll a number that gets out. There is such a thing as getting stuck.

Sometimes you take an easy take and hit a direct or indirect shot with a good board or race lead which leads to a huge pass. It doesn't always happen but it is obviously more likely to happen after 13/5 than 23/15. It's relatively rare that opponent overshoots his market by a ton.

As for the 16 games, that is a super small sample, especially for looking at the resulting cubes, and there seem to be plenty of doubles within the .800-1.150 range, so I'd call that more or less efficient.

Of course gammon losses and whatnot also play a role. But if you don't think cube access also points to running, well, I just think you're clearly wrong.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.