[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Would it be so bad... Backgammon on Touchscreens?

Posted By: sebalotek
Date: Friday, 27 September 2013, at 12:53 p.m.

In Response To: Would it be so bad... (Bob Koca)

I think that touchscreens are becoming more portable and reliable - I use my old 12" Dell XT convertible laptop for quick games with GNUBG.

When I brought it to my local club I did meet with some reluctance from technophobes but fortunately others could see the benefit. A demo worked well in terms of content but ended up using the attached pen as the chequers were a little bit small for fingers which were not used to the touch interface, even in full screen mode.

I will upgrade in a couple of years when a more portable, more affordable 15" / 17" tablet comes on the market. I like computer hosted matches because they can pretty much put a stop to all of the opinionated guesstimation in chouettes regarding the best move for the previous position. Also the endgame analysis gives decent feedback on who the luckier one actually was or who played with the lower E.R. plus highlighting those embarrassing blunders!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.