[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

peoria semis - dare to dream or dream to dare

Posted By: Coolrey
Date: Monday, 7 October 2013, at 8:20 p.m.

In Response To: peoria semis - dare to dream or dream to dare (Rod)

I watched this redouble and guessed it was wrong. It is wrong but not horrible, .045 after a rollout on Phil's machine at the tournament. However it is the launching pad that catapulted Rod into the finals, for the subsequent cube action and jokers and anti jokers resulted in a 16 cube win.

These kind of doubles are given by younger guys lacking table presence. I doubt Neil would have sent it. It's kind of a lack of confidence I can win unless I get lucky approach. If you get lucky and hit a gammon often develops and you should be okay leading 4-0, but people dream of 8-0 instead wanting to win FAST. Also you may well be able to use the cube to your advantage if it gets dicey after that.

On the downside you sink yourself, against world class competition. If you hang on to the cube in these situations you won't have hamstrung yourself in the normal variations, which is: You LOSE this game.

Meanwhile you will have to sacrifice the exciting and dramatic 16 cube wins you get occaisionally. But was that how you hoped to win when you started this game? You have to ask yourself that question in the aftermath regardless of the outcome.

Rod won a gammon on another ill advised cube that got him in the finals of the Blitz he won. When the dice aren't protecting you, this sort of thing ends up costing you in the long run. Tough loss for Neil.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.