[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Ben

Posted By: Rod
Date: Tuesday, 8 October 2013, at 11:00 p.m.

In Response To: peoria semis - dare to dream or dream to dare (Coolrey)

I've made my peace with Ben.

I had watched too small a sample of Ben's play, clearly catching him in a game he either was tired during or a series of unusual positions that he didn't understand, playing extremely poorly - in that one game. A few people watching just kept giving each other looks after those several plays.

I have already said in other posts that I incorrectly estimated his ability and made plays that, taking this into account, were wrong, despite my thinking they were correct based on my analysis at the time. If he played consistently like he did in the limited amount I watched him, 65% would have been an understatement. He doesn't, so it's immaterial.

Rory overestimated a player's performance based on a limited sample size - in his match the other player had clearly gotten rolls he was more apt to know how to play. No single match PR can be indicative of ability to win for any number of reasons. We let tournaments decide ability to win or we wouldn't have them. So... Let's let our tournaments (and $ play) decide. I've played serious tournament play for less than 2 years. You've been doing it a bit longer. And VA can probably attest to my $ play performance to a large degree.

I'm comfortable with my ability to win. Enough so that I offered to play Bob for high stakes. I know where I stand. Have the past 2 years been so tough for you that you don't know where you stand?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.