[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Tipping tournament staff?

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Wednesday, 9 October 2013, at 2:21 a.m.

In Response To: Tipping tournament staff? (Rod)

I know lots of people win and don't think about tipping, and the first time I won a major event it didn't occur to me until Ray reminded me, which I appreciated and I took care of the tip. Since then, I have made it a point to remind others if and when I get a chance, and I know that at least 3 winners tipped because I suggested it. If there was time and I thought of it, I would have dropped a hint to you as well.

I ALWAYS tip when when I win first, second, or first consolation in Open and Masters or when I win doubles. I am not about to publish the amount as it varies depending on the size of the prize, how much I hedged, and honestly, how much I like the staff and how good a job they did (in my opinion). I will tell you that at the very minimum I tip 10% of my winnings.

I can afford to be quite generous, as I don't win very often.

If you left Peoria in a rush without tipping, the answer is easy...paypal or mail me the money and I'll get it to Linda and David and they can share it with their staff.

If I had won Peoria, and I'm not telling you what to do, I would also give $100 to Mary Ann Meese's medical mission to Haiti.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.