[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Sad Problem in Florida

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Sunday, 20 October 2013, at 3:53 p.m.

I have been asked, by my good friend, Neil Rosensweig, to post the email he sent me on this forum so that all will know what happened to him at the Florida tournament. I am offering no personal comments or judgment, so don't shoot the messenger, I am just posting Neil's comments as requested.

-----------------

Phil:

I just can't stay silent any longer. Friday at the tourney here, the Limited Jackpot was about to begin. I looked at the draw, and Lucky's name was on it. We all like Lucky alot, but that is, of course, irrelevant. I questioned his entry and asked Neal Weiner and Rick Wolf, in Lucky's presence, what the eligibility requirement was. Neal replied that it was for players who had not cashed in an Open event. Lucky admittedly has cashed in an Open event, and said he didn't know what the eligibility rules were, but he did not withdraw. Neal, Rick and some other person discussed the matter and allowed him to stay in the jackpot. I asked for my entry fees for the jackpot and the doubles to be returned, and I left. I did not return. Nobody seems to care one way or another; I've received no calls or texts, not from Bill Davis or anyone else there. Unless I'm missing something, the decision was clearly wrong. If they cannot enforce these eligibility rules, I don't want to play at their tournaments, and Rick is running the Sunday monthlies, which pretty much takes care of the live BG down here. So I may be finished with BG alltogether. I just wanted to let someone to know what happened, and I thank you for your friendship over the years and tireless efforts in promoting and teaching the game.

Neal Gary Rosensweig

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.