[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

If you rule? If you can handle? (long)

Posted By: Daniel Murphy
Date: Tuesday, 5 November 2013, at 10:23 p.m.

In Response To: If you rule? If you can handle? (long) (Neal Weiner)

Your first situation is easy. For me. If the opponent doesn't want the prematurely rolled 6-6 to count, it doesn't count.

4.6 PREMATURE ACTIONS. The opponent of a player who rolls prematurely shall complete his turn and then either let the premature roll stand or require a reroll. The opponent of a player who doubles prematurely shall complete his turn and then pass or take.

What's not clear there? Is there an exception for bear-offs or forced moves or getting too excited or not paying attention or having rolled an especially good number? No. Should there be? I don't think so. As a player, I don't roll during my opponents' turns, and when they roll during mine, it bothers me. And that, at bottom, is probably why, with that rule, if an opponent rolls during my turn, I'll make him roll over every time, if that's to my advantage.

In your second situation, you seem to be asking why change to Legal Moves, if disputes can't be resolved when players disagree about the roll or the play. I don't see that as relevant to whether we should have Legal Moves or not, since you can have the same problem with or without legal moves, when players disagree about the roll, play or position.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.