[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Impossible Move in Connecticut

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Tuesday, 5 November 2013, at 10:21 p.m.

In Response To: Impossible Move in Connecticut (ross gordon)

Pat Gibson and Jeb Horton are ABT directors, and they have no problem changing the rules to Legal Moves. Ask them, and they will tell you they feel it is a better game not only because it eliminates problems like the one described on this thread, but other problems as well. They feel it is a better, fairer game, and so do the large majority of experienced players around the world.

If you are an ABT Director and you have a problem enforcing one of your own rules, don't you think that is a strong reason why you shouldn't have that rule?

By the way, this is a rule that I, and many others, think is a very bad rule, but even bad rules must be followed, and I have lived with it for many years, and if I make a stupid move I expect to be punished for it, and if my opponent does, I expect him to take it in good stride and not be a baby about it and call for a committee and the director and make posts about being screwed. It's a lousy rule, but it is the rule and we must respect it...most of all, the tournament director who decided to use this rule must respect it.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.