[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

If I were a TD and this came to my attention

Posted By: Michael Petch
Date: Tuesday, 29 October 2013, at 6:05 p.m.

In Response To: If I were a TD and this came to my attention (TarHeelFan)

I think it depends, but part of the issue here is whether I as TD have the right to make a decision under clause 1.1 ruling as fair.

If committee only hears what Herb wanted given the facts then their ruling is based on that testimony alone in your case. I could see in the absence of the directors decision given the rules that exist they could side with Herb.

A tournament director's right to enforce rule 1.1 should be admissible as facts in the case, because the director's view (if legitimate) could override the choice they may have made other wise.

The question I ask you here would be this. What happens if a ruling committee finds that Herb had a legitimate concern, but a ruling body may have also found that the host's decision was also legitimate (If they had heard that testimony).

I personally think if a TD has to invoke rule 1.1 out of fairness for the event, that should make it into the testimony in front of the panel.

As TD I'd accept the decision either way.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.