[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Florida and clocks etc

Posted By: neilkaz
Date: Thursday, 31 October 2013, at 3:37 p.m.

In Response To: Bad rule (Rod)

In Florida some of the people I played had very little or no experience with a clock and as always when I can insist to use a clock, one is used. I offered to play a practice game with all three of them so that they could get used to the clock and they all declined. The only issue any of them had was one guy who kept fast grabbing the dice, especially in races. But after I politely told him that he was supposed to wait until I hit the clock to even start reaching for the dice he appologized and stated that he is simply used to having the dice in his cup.

In one match, I was closed out for several turns and my opp rolled 42 and was think whether to clear the 6 pt (safer) or rip 2 (more G's). I was sure this was a rip 2 position, but he played safe and I reflexively hit the clock and my opp hit it right back and told me that it was my roll, just like I've done the two or three times this year in the same situation.

I remain amazed that it is even a consideration that someone can forfeit their turn by hitting the clock without rolling.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.