[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Just one more argument for Legal Moves

Posted By: Michael Petch
Date: Wednesday, 30 October 2013, at 6:28 p.m.

In Response To: Just one more argument for Legal Moves (Michael Petch)

As a player if this match determined money vs no money position and I was in Herb's shoes, it wouldn't have mattered - my personal decision would have been the same as if it was a friendly match. As Herb I would have accepted the hit was and allowed RKB to remove my checker because the hit was obviously forced under basic rules of Backgammon.

I don't allow badly written rules to dictate what is sportsmanlike (as a player). I know what I *personally* deem wrong in this case and I would choose what I felt was morally right even if it means I may not finish in the money.

Interestingly enough if you asked me what I had done in RKB's shoes. Well since I know Herb is using a technicality in the rules that does exist I wouldn't call a TD to it (Yes, that is right I would have let Herb's play stand). This doesn't mean Herb's choice wouldn't go unnoticed by me, I would quietly accept the fate of the mistake I made.

Ask me if I would change how I deal with Herb in the future based on the knowledge of how he does play without legal moves, and I would still make the same decision.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.