[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Impossible Move in Connecticut

Posted By: greedygammon
Date: Wednesday, 6 November 2013, at 2:09 a.m.

In Response To: Impossible Move in Connecticut (Daniel Murphy)

You responded to "I felt bad and apologized.."

with "there's absolutely no need to be apologetic and feeling bad about it"

I am assuming your comment was directed at the person who you were responding to. So its not enough that you agree with the verdict, but you would even go further and say the TD has nothing to feel bad about and no apology is required when he has a very valid reason to be apologetic and feel bad for the person who was penalized. (I will not bother to explain why if you dont get it you probably never will or maybe you can ask the TD WHY?? did he feel so bad and apologetic)

Sometimes rules are written and unforseen circumstances cause the rules to be updated. I cant imagine that anyone would knowingly write a tournament rule that would allow a blot to be placed back on the board after it was hit. Am I wrong with this assumption? I mean this is like a core basic rule of backgammon when a blot is hit it goes on the bar. If you come up with some excuse, sorry you hit the clock this way and not that way, you picked up the dice with the wrong hand, you burped without saying excuse me so now WE WILL PUT YOUR BLOT DOWN OFF THE BAR!!! So is this still backgammon we are playing?

thanks but i think i will stick to online bg if this is the kind on nonsense that people have to put up with playing live...

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.