[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

If I were a TD and this came to my attention

Posted By: Michael Petch
Date: Tuesday, 29 October 2013, at 6:40 p.m.

In Response To: If I were a TD and this came to my attention (TarHeelFan)

Which means that you are willing to tell the appeals committee that you ruled under provision 1.1. That too is giving the committee extra information, and tells the committee that somehow the TD found value in the fairness aspect of the event.

We seem to be on disagreement whether a TD should be able to tell the committee about the specific reason that clause 1.1 was invoked. As in whether a TD should be able to tell the committee that the nature of the "forced move" was grounds to make an alternate decision.

When it comes to the catch all 1.1 rule that many events use, if a TD invokes it and informs the players as such I think that information should be made available to the committee.

The committees job is then to weigh the case of the player

The committees job is then to weigh the case of the TD

The committees job is then to decide which choice has more merit.

If a committee finds that a player has no case then no need to deal with the TD's decision. If the player's complaint has merit, then I think you need to decide if the TD's decision has merit. If both have merit then you have to decide whose position makes a stronger case.

Outside of rule 1.1, I don't see much need for a host to make a case to the committee, and I agree with your view. I consider the invocation of rule 1.1 by a TD in his decision to the player one of the exceptions where a TD's point of view should be heard at appeal.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.