[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

The Simborg Rules?

Posted By: Michael Petch
Date: Friday, 1 November 2013, at 1:07 a.m.

In Response To: The Simborg Rules? (Michael Petch)

I'm going to be quite frank, the lack of a dead cube rule is only inviting potential conflict. The fact there is no dead cube rule is also supported by the example given in the new rules:

"Example: If a player is leading 2-away/4-away and the leader holds a 2 cube and redoubles, if the other player drops the match does not end. Instead, the player is alerted of his error, accepts the double, and completes the game."

Why we should be allowing this is beyond me. I don't see the value in this unless you want to allow someone who may be tired or doesn't know any better to give up a bunch of equity to another player. I don't think this really fits in with the spirit of the game, and to me only invites conflict.

And as I have mentioned, if I ever adopted these new rules (as a TD), this example would disappear and a dead cube rule that I can actually stand behind would be added.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.