[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Just one more argument for Legal Moves

Posted By: Taper_Mike
Date: Thursday, 31 October 2013, at 10:17 a.m.

In Response To: Just one more argument for Legal Moves (Casper Van der Tak)

Would you allow your checker to be placed on the bar?

Absolutely. In matches against all except one or two specific individuals who have pulled shenanigans from the same bag of tricks that Herb brought with him to Hartford, I would take the hit every time. That is against friends, strangers and all others alike.

In spite of Stick’s claim to play hardball unless legal moves are in force, on at least one such occassion I saw him sacrifice great equity by pointing out multiple illegal moves made by his opponent.

Interesting, I once made exactly the same error as the origninal poster, RKB. It was in a match against Kit Woolsey in which I played horribly, and yet luckboxed to victory. All in one motion, just as Roberto describes he did, I punched the clock and then put Kit’s hit checker on the bar. I can’t say that Kit and I exchanged knowing glances, but when it suddenly occurred to me what I had done, I stole a look his way. I could see in his face that he knew precisely the error I had made. Without a word, and even though he was losing, he just picked up the dice and rolled. Moments like that define character.

In several variations, I have asked the same question in this thread: How would you play in no-stakes game at home, with a friend or spouse or child with whom you would like to remain friends? A gentleman or lady plays the same way when high stakes are on the line.

Mike

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.