[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Impossible Move in Connecticut

Posted By: ross gordon
Date: Tuesday, 5 November 2013, at 5:58 p.m.

In Response To: Impossible Move in Connecticut (roadkillbooks)

Well ok, I guess I should chime in here as I was the first time TD their in CT. Heck of a way to break me in, eh peeps?! ;-))) it's all good.... So I was called over, Herb told me his side, Sasha told me his side and I took a few minutes to refer to the rules. It was pretty straight fwd in that the offender technically ended his turn, and since we were not playing legal moves, I (reluctantly, and I verbalized that to them with an apology) unfortunately had to rule that it was the offended's choice... which according to the rules it is. I supported and even encouraged Sasha's choice to call the committee after hearing Herb's choice to leave the checker down. I brought the committee over and let the players tell their sides. I listened in but tried my best to stay out of it. I made my decision and allowed the committee to make theirs... Which, I would have accepted as overruling mine if different. They UN-fortunately (as I personally thought the checker should go up), and unanimously, came to the same decision. I apologized to the offender over and over b/c I felt so bad about it. But I had to stick to the rules that I chose to use. I have always been on the fence about legal moves and this is a push toward them for me. The offended did absolutely nothing wrong, but it's still really not fair to the offender. He did play it correctly but got caught with semantics. Aweful situation to be in, for everyone, from every perspective. But that's just my humble opinion. Always open to improvements. So please let me know if you think I could have done something different.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.