[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

DC Tournament.....Thanks ETC ETC

Posted By: Igor
Date: Monday, 11 November 2013, at 11:21 p.m.

In Response To: DC Tournament.....Thanks ETC ETC (Keene)

If I were a TD and I had a player who wanted to play intermediate, I would like to have a unified clear set of guidelines that would allow me to objectively determine that particular player's eligibility. Nobody can then accuse me of personal bias. I'm glad you agree with me on this point.

Now, I only wish we had some kind of centralized overseeing organization who could take up on the nontrivial task of devising and implementing a set of eligibility rules. Only if we had such an organization in place... or... wait a minute, do we have USBGF?

USBGF has already implemented different rating systems -- such as master points, for example. It also maintains a database of all players with their results, etc. All you need to do is to add one or two more columns to the database (essentially average points per event entered) to be used as eligibility criteria. The criteria need only be checked at the beginning of a calendar year to determine player eligibility for the whole upcoming year. I.e., eligibility (both up and down) may change once a year every year.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.