[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Mechanics +

Posted By: Henrik Bukkjaer
Date: Wednesday, 27 November 2013, at 2:47 p.m.

In Response To: Mechanics + (Fatboy)

In Calcutta, turn signals are pure fiction...

----

My Garde Digital wooden case clock really takes a beating too.

Not all clocks can handle rough use over time.

Eg. even though the DGT clocks seem to work after having been abused, their mechanics give in. Result is, that on my team, we now have 4 "Kramnick's choice" clocks, that every once in a while, actually activates the switches twice when you hit the plunger (with the result that one player's clock never starts running even though the plunger is clearly at that position, and on top of that, sometimes the other player's clock will start ticking!).

Even though this is only occurring in one of 30-40 moves, the clocks are absolutely unplayable.

How about those clocks that were used in speed chess years back, the ones with a very squarely designed metal-casing, a rather big display, and a choice of either mechanical or fingertouch buttons (plungers). Was it Chronos? I got my stolen from back when I played speed chess, and for some reason they cannot be purchased in Denmark any more... I would imagine that they would be ideal for taking a backgammon pounding!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.