[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Cut Ken some slack, his work is still in the early stages

Posted By: Henrik Bukkjaer
Date: Wednesday, 27 November 2013, at 1:40 p.m.

In Response To: Cut Ken some slack, his work is still in the early stages (Barry Silliman)

>> Ken knows there are some flaws in his data. He's a smart guy and he has some good ideas. I think what he's primarily interested in is coming up with an objective way to measure performance in the ABT-rated divisions.

Well, maybe Ken shouldn't be calling it the World Rankings then? Just a suggestion. I know Ken said he is not from the US himself, but to a foreigner like me, it certainly shines through that he's living in the US, when he can play around with the ABT points system, and come up with a World Ranking as the result :-)

I'm planning to give some constructive feedback to Ken in one of his threads on the subject, because I feel he's going down the wrong road, if a world ranking system really is what he's seeking - and I would like to elaborate WHY I feel that.

----

Good luck with the GIANTS voting to all of you. I just love this thread: I will consider voting for the guy who takes time at tournaments to work on his resume, and the guy who is in better shape because he's a vegetarian - lots of gold to be harvested in this thread for my voting input! Maybe I'll even vote for a guy who can't remember if he played or not, no matter what his actual strength is. And certainly I'll consider voting for the players that show up every time and travel the ABT circuit - results doesn't matter to me, effort should be rewarded... Jake, consider renaming it from the "World Wide GIANTS of Backgammon List" to the "US-wide TMP/EXP List" :-)

Cheers,
Henrik

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.