[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Hugely flawed to the point of being irrelevant (not true)

Posted By: Ken Larsen
Date: Friday, 15 November 2013, at 10:26 p.m.

In Response To: Hugely flawed to the point of being irrelevant (Rod)

Rod,

I was aware of the apples and oranges problem you speak of ... the points being ABT main events only and the # of events counting jackpots. Over the past week I went through all of 2009-2013 events and counted the side events for the 28 people in my list. That was a time consuming process. Then I deducted that from the Events number. So, the averages should be accurate.

The current version of my page is: http://home.roadrunner.com/~kenlarsen/bgWorldRankingProposal.htm

In the next few days I will add explanations to that page ... including the apples and oranges issue and how I addressed it. I will also explain work that needs to be done: Counting side events and rolling out to Europe and Asia.

I wrote an article for USGA's PrimeTime giving my opinions on elo and other systems. If they approve it, it will be published in February.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.