[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

San Antonio - Save ticket stubs for the "Defender"!!!!

Posted By: Bill Finneran
Date: Tuesday, 4 February 2014, at 1:52 p.m.

In Response To: San Antonio (Bill Riles)

Bill/Tara and all,

Simply the best venue and location for a BG tournament I have been to, including Monte Carlo and Helsingor.

The Hotel staff was just great... Example.... one of the times I went back to the room for a minute to get my board, the maid was in there and had the entire door blocked with her cart. I can't remember that before, then when I just went in, she had me put my key in the door to show her that I belonged. I have never had that happen before in any hotel. I really appreciated it.

Ticket Stubs - - - There is an older gentleman with a 60's beatles haircut that sits on a couch most of the day outside the hotel bar in the hallway. He kind of looks like he might be squatting there. I told him that they need to engrave his name there on the couch. He is friendly and a little eccentric (just like many of us). Turns out that he lives in the hotel and has for about 10 years now. He is a former marine. I can't remember his name so lets call him the "Defender", in honor of his service. He collects sporting event ticket stubs. He asked me if I had some Redskins or Nationals ticket stubs I could send him. I don't save them for myself but will save any that I get in the next year to bring with me. I did give him my spurs/bulls ticket stub and the court-side practice pass.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.