[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Overriding Principle

Posted By: Jason Lee
Date: Monday, 24 March 2014, at 6:45 p.m.

In Response To: Overriding Principle (phil simborg)

I have always believed that there should be an "overriding principle" involved in all rule decisions, and I have also believed that should should be stated in the rules as a guide to all players and directors.

If there is every a doubt as to what the call should be when two players disagree, the call should tend to be against the player that initiated the action which caused the controversy.

I absolutely love this principle, and think it should be Rule #2, right after the one that says that "The Tournament Rules and Procedures cannot and should not regulate all possible situations that may arise during a match. No set of rules should deprive the Director of his freedom of judgment or prevent him from finding the solution dictated by fairness and compatible with the circumstances of a particular case."

In short, the two basic rules are:

• Rule #1: It doesn't matter what the rule is, the TD should do what he/she thinks is right.
  • Rule #2: If you screwed up, the ruling should go against you.

We may not need too many rules beyond this.

JLee

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.