[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

World Team -So Much Forum Fighting

Posted By: Seth
Date: Saturday, 5 April 2014, at 2:46 a.m.

In Response To: World Team - Your Druthers? (falafel)

Why is there so much fighting and hostility on a backgammon forum ? Is that just human nature?
Isn't Stick a world class backgammon player ? Is it impossible that he played 2.04 for 50 online matches ?
Talk about the impossible.Today, I was playing a friend a 15 point backgammon match for money. He was leading 14-13 and we were playing in the Crawford game. We reached the bear off, and, I was going to lose this match. I,however, rolled 5-5, followed by 6-6, followed by 5-5 to tie the match at 14-14( double match point). My friend almost had a heart attack.( so to speak) He simply couldn't believe his fate.
What were the odds of my rolling those 3 high doubles in succession ? I went on to win the match.
So,why is it so impossible to imagine that Stick played 2.04 for those online matches ? Can't some people play better in the comfort of their home?
I'm merely focusing on this argument because it was so recent. I'm not highlighting this argument to focus on Falafel, and, others who have problems with Stick's claim.
I'm trying to say that this is a BACKGAMMON site,and, we should try to "roll the dice" in another direction, so to speak.
Seth

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.