[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Improving things for next time

Posted By: David Rockwell
Date: Wednesday, 9 April 2014, at 5:35 p.m.

In Response To: Improving things for next time (Stick)

It is my understanding that Giants list is the top 32. The listing of 33-64 is simply information on the balloting.

I think that voting for fewer places would have some theoretical advantages in ordering the best players. I also think that there are some potential practical disadvantages to the suggestions which have been made. All of these suggestions would reduce participation.

1. If 33-64 were not published, interest in the process would decline. It would fail the "what's in it for me?" criteria for those who potentially could make this range. I'd like to see 33-64 published, but not in the same place as the Giants.

2. Removing the vote for oneself fails the "what's in it for me?" criteria as well. Anyone with aspirations of doing well in the voting needs to vote or lose the #2 ballot. Eliminate that requirement and some would no longer vote.

3. Voting for only the top 10 or 15 would fail the "what's in it for me?" criteria. The ordering for 33-64 is questionable now. If we only voted for 10-15 it would be truly worthless. Once again, participation would fall.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.