[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Some good reasons for the delay

Posted By: Keene
Date: Wednesday, 9 April 2014, at 7:40 p.m.

In Response To: Some good reasons for the delay (David Rockwell)

I am reminded of an occasion in a chemistry class back in high school. We had a test, which we had known about in advance. Prior to class, I suggested that we all put one persons name on our test papers - we all knew it wasnt a serious test. Surprisingly everyone did it. 32 kids all put the same persons name on their tests when they handed them in.

Undoubtedly, the teacher knew who's test was the real one - and could have probably ascertained who's everyones was, with a little effort. However, the test had been compromised already, just by the act of sabotage.

In this case, if it was to become known that there were 1, 2 or more ballots that had been falsified, then the validity of the entire ballot would be called into question, and become moot. As such, it is extremely important to ensure that all ballots are verified. Hence the committee of people doing it.

I suspect that without implementing some kind of formal registration process, that this has to remain a paper ballot. Even so, a formal registration process stringent enough to ensure the validity of votes may in fact prove to be enough of a turn off to those voters who are only doing it on the side. It may cost us the entire list. Are we prepared to pay that price?

Keene

PS: Does this qualify as long?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.