[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Mochy & Bruce Lee share a similar trait...

Posted By: Robert Chow
Date: Friday, 11 April 2014, at 11:39 p.m.

In Response To: Mochy & Bruce Lee share a similar trait... (Fatboy)

Without a doubt Mochy has mastered the the technique of rolling the dice, moving the checkers and hitting the clock in a very efficient way. In extreme time pressure, he seldom needs more than the 12 seconds delay per move to complete his turn. I suspect several (many?) other players have also mastered this technique. The amazing thing about Mochy is that he is able to do so and still maintain a high level of play.

The following observation is worth mentioning. I noticed that Mochy did a fairly amount of checker shuffling in some of his matches on YouTube. However, in his most recent matches, he is now playing the equivalent of what is known as "touch move" in chess. Mochy doesn't move any of the checkers till he has decide what to do and then makes and completes his move in a clear, unambiguous manner. He no longer do what some other players do (myself included), play the forced move first (for example, must enter on the ace point from the bar) and then think about the other number to play. This is a truly admirable practice and one which I have already copied in my own play. It shows respect for my opponent and encourages thoughtful play. As a former tournament chess I found it quite easy to do, especially in a non-clocked match.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.