[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Poll: Do you like green eggs and ham?

Posted By: sebalotek
Date: Sunday, 20 August 2017, at 6:44 a.m.

In Response To: Poll: Do you like green eggs and ham? (Rich Munitz)

Thanks for the link Rich - I've never seen the Chicago Point "Archived Poll Results" page before. It has a lot of interesting hard data.

RM>> Poll #35 is about dice-on-checkers. Several years ago, only 37% of the 323 responding said they liked the hypothetical rule. That was before almost anyone had actually tried playing that way. What do you suppose would happen if we took the same poll today?

That is a very interesting question. I would hazard a guess that 2/3 would favour the hypothetical rule if the question was worded as it was then. But, without actually executing a new and current poll, my guess is just a guess of course.

However I think there is a way to make the original poll (at the time) and any future polls even more useful:

I would have suggested adding an additional question to the survey. Something like..

Q2. Have you got reasonable experience of trying to play with the suggested ''flat' dice on chequer are valid rule' (i.e. more than, say, 5 matches of at least 7 points long)

This single additional YES / NO question should allow one to measure..

1. How many people are ok playing with dice landing 'flat' on chequers counting.

plus

2. How many people have actually tried playing with this rule before giving their opinion on it.

3. How actual experience of trying this rule actually influences one's opinion of if it is beneficial or not.

4. How opinions and experience of the proposed rule have changed over some clearly defined time periods.

IMO these are four key metrics which, IMO, it would be highly beneficial for a ruling body to know.

N.B. There may be other factual insights to garner from this type of exercise.

P.S. It would be interesting to know the boundaries of the time period that the 37% results were gathered over.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.