[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

USA vs Japan -- Let's have some action!

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Sunday, 20 May 2018, at 3:56 p.m.

In Response To: USA vs Japan Streaming from the Chicago Open and more... (Rory)

I want to make a couple of wagers to add a little spice to the USA/Japan event.

In my opinion, Mochy, Michi and Victor are the 3 top players in the event, with several others close behind. And yes, as Ed O'Laughlin pointed out, it seems like John O'Hagan, given his performances in BMAB and live events, is missing from the list.....maybe he couldn't come in on Thursday or maybe it is just an oversight? (Like Cato the Elder said when his son pointed out that there was not a statue of him in the square: "I would rather people wonder why I have no statue than why I do.")

I do understand why the captains might not pick John....he's just too nice a guy and maybe they just don't understand how a really nice guy like that can play so well.

Anyway, on Thursday there were be several different kinds of matches...none using PR, but just wins and losses.

I will take Mochy, Michi and Victor against the field for who has the most total wins. In other words, the single player with the most wins will be one of my three horses as opposed to anyone else. And of course, a tie is a tie. And of course, I am only betting on the Open players, as one of the intermediates might end up with the most wins.

So I am betting my three against the 8 other open players listed below, even money. If interested, email me at pjsimborg@gmail.com and we don't have a bet unless I confirm the email.

The other 8 are:

Petko Kostadinov

Matt Cohn-Geier

Neil Kazaross

Daisuke Katagami

Steve Sax

Takayuki Hino

Stick

Yuji Ogura

By the way, if you like my side of the bet, let me know, because if I get enough action I will lay some of it off.

For just the speedgammon event, I will take Mochy, MCG, and Stick as my three horses to win the most matches over any 4 players you want to choose. Again, even money.

I was going to offer a bet on which team will win, but because the intermediate players are so unknown relative to the Open players, I decided not to make that bet. Also, I have good friends and teaching partners on both teams and don't want to bet against either of them. (I think the US players are favorites mainly because they don't have the travel sleep lag and they are more accustom to Rory's food.)

If anyone else has some interesting ideas for action, let me know or see me at the tournament.

Now, as for the tournament itself, I am giving 2 to 1 odds that an American will win the tournament (Championship Division).

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.