[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Slot, Slot, Slot

Posted By: David Rockwell
Date: Friday, 16 October 2009, at 5:42 p.m.

I've spent a lot of time studying the opening. I have been drawn to the opening by Stick and by the excellent book authored by Nack Ballard and Paul Weaver. But, my interest first started with a fabulous lecture given by Paul at the Madison ABT event a few years ago. Paul's contribution earlier today has inspired me to put together the following open book quiz.

The number one mistake that I see in the opening is a failure to slot. In general, when you are behind in the race, getting hit doesn't cost as much as it does when you are risking a racing lead by slotting. With a racing deficit, slotting is often, but not always correct. When you are behind in the race, make sure that slotting is one of your candidate plays.

It is correct to slot off of the six point in most of the 2nd roll positions below. Find the small number of positions listed where slotting is not correct. Rollout results are on Stick's site. And, I will post a small number of comments later. Stick got all of these right.

21$-51 (13-11, 6-5)

32D-41 (13-10, 13-11)

51S-21 (24-23, 13-8)

52D-51 (13-8, 13-11)

61P-21 (13-7, 8-7)

62$-52 (13-5)

64R-41 (24-14)

65R-21 (24-13)

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.