[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Luck vs Skill Summery of. the Robertie statement.

Posted By: higonefive
Date: Wednesday, 6 June 2012, at 9:03 p.m.

In Response To: Luck vs Skill (Chris Bray)

I have read the copy, you send to me, thanks. I'll try to summerize. Mr. Robertie had to answer the luck/skill question. He said, that he don't know a way to measure luck and skill. It is just a bad formed question and a waste of time. There was then also a question about the complexity of backgammon. He developed a complexity number, based on the chess rating system, measuring the complexity as the difference in rating points from fish to master; 1 point for a rating difference of 200. So he came up: GO 40, Chess 14, Scrabble and Poker 10, Backgammon and Checkers 8, Hearts 5 and Blackjack 2.

Skill vs. luck is not the right question. But you can ask for complexity, measured through the rating difference between the players.

So Backgammon is complex enough, that skill will play a significant roll. And complexity a better point to ask for.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.