[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Observations on the Boston Open

Posted By: Chuck Bower
Date: Tuesday, 28 February 2017, at 12:30 a.m.

In Response To: Observations on the Boston Open (Bill Riles)

...The stream quality needs to be monitored. For most, if not all, of the weekend on the tournament streams Matt, and the viewers, could not see/read the dice.

As far as I can tell, this isn't new, and worse than that, I don't think it has ever been satisfactory at any of the now tens (approaching 100?) tournaments that have been streamed around the world! For example (and not picking on you, Bill), I watched the 'live' (actually multi-second delayed) streaming of some matches in San Antonio from the playing room, and many times the dice were unreadable.

I've made suggestions over the years about how to improve this and, as far as I can tell (AFAICT?) not only have my recommendations not been taken, but they haven't even been responded to. I'm a big boy. If what I say isn't legit/valid/applicable, I can take being told that it doesn't work. I can even accept being told it is crazy. I've heard nothing. My conclusion is that people don't care enough to even try. I hope that is wrong and that people tried but it just didn't work, but having heard nothing I'm left wondering.

I'm one that understands that ideas are cheap and people who think just tossing out an idea is a big contribution and that applying/solving it is the easy part are usually mistaken (stated nicely). So here's the deal: I'll be attending the Chicago Open and the Michigan Summer Champs this year. I'm volunteering my help to those doing the streaming at these tournaments. I'll come early (better yet, be in contact by e-mail and/or phone well in advance) to try and help solve this persistent, annoying problem. I'm obviously not promising to solve the problem, but I'll certainly try, and in a cooperative way. FWIW I've seen similar optics problems in the past and helped solved them. But talk is cheap so please challenge me by taking up my offer.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.