[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Jacoby Rule for Match Play?

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2013, at 1:36 p.m.

Someone made a post on the USBGF Facebook site asking why Jacoby isn't used in match play. I responded that it is an interesting question from a theoretical standpoint, but even if it is an improvement to the game, it will not happen because it would so drastically change match equities and checker play and cube action that the backgammon community would never accept such a change to the game.

So given that it will never happen, I still wonder if it would be a "better" game with the Jacoby rule. It certainly would be a different game, but would it be more complex? More skillful? More interesting? I don't know the answer, but my initial reaction is that it would be a better game. I am interested in your thoughts on this...or if this has already been debated and considered. I wonder if Oswald tried to get his rule adopted for match play as well as money play?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.