[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

I'm Convinced

Posted By: Colin Owen
Date: Thursday, 22 August 2013, at 1:03 p.m.

In Response To: I'm Convinced (Phil Simborg)

I've pointed out before on this forum the fact that the Jacoby Rule is actually a compromise: if we felt that playing on for the G was uninteresting, then why not disallow all G's and BG's when a player has access to the cube - in the centre or not? That would really speed up the game!

But it would also make the game simpler still. Perhaps Jacoby has a place in chouette, but I'm thinking of putting it to my weekly heads up partner that we drop it for our sessions; he's already suggested that we play no Jacoby sometimes, just as we play a monthly 11 pt match (followed by some money play) for variety. There's no doubt it's better practice for match play.

Of course, there are players in some parts of the world who feel that the cube does a violence to the game. Perhaps we shouldn't have added to that violence with Jacoby?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.