[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

2 away 2 away Score -- Idea

Posted By: David Rockwell
Date: Sunday, 25 August 2013, at 7:52 p.m.

In Response To: 2 away 2 away Score -- Idea (Rick Janowski)

This is interesting and appealing because it adds complexity to a match without changing the match probability table. I would be willing to try this. I doubt that I would be in favor of making a permanent change for two reasons:

1. Incredible as it sounds, a large percentage of open players and the majority of intermediates still don't know how to play the cube at this score. I don't want to relieve them of their ignorance by a rule change.

2. I remember when the Holland rule was still used. New players would come to the local club and the director would have to explain the Crawford rule and the Holland rule before they could play. It was too much. They came to play backgammon and got a lecture on the rules instead. This is too much as well. There needs to be a compelling reason to have different rules for tournament play than are used everywhere else the world. I don't feel the need for this change is compelling. Keep it simple.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.