[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

OT Tennis

Posted By: Joe Russell
Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2013, at 4:40 p.m.

In Response To: OT Tennis (Stick)

I respect and appreciate your comments, as you are much, much more knowledgeable than I when it comes to tennis, but your analogy with backgammon is very weak;

'It's a shaky comparison at best but that's like someone calling the person who has the most ABT points the best American backgammon player.'

That comparison is more than shaky for obvious reasons, mainly that there is a great disparity in the number of ABT events top backgammon players attend each year, while it is pretty balanced how many Grand Slam events the top tennis players compete in. Also, there is the luck factor, which, while in the long run should about balance out in backgammon, doesn't always; one of the top Americans has a dismal record in finals. There is very little luck in tennis, that I am aware of.

Is downgrading Nadal because he is so dominant on clay fair? Clay is one of the surfaces on the tennis tour and his dominance on it is part of the package. He is certainly not one dimensional.

The last time this discussion came up, I was convinced that Federer was the best of all time. While I still think he is, Nadal should enter the conversation if he ends up with the most slams, especially if he wins a couple more on grass or hard courts.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.